Lovely Meals Lately: January 2023
Friends! I’ve missed you! How was your vacation season? Was it vivid and comfortable or a bit chaotic or all of the above? Ours was a bit of little bit of all the things. Sweet and gradual and stuffed with snowwww! It’s an actual winter wonderland right here in Denver.
We flew again to in Ohio for the primary time in 6 months. Traveling over the vacations with a toddler is sort of a doozy, however we had such a good time seeing our fam and pals.
You could have seen that I took a bit of break on Lovely Meals content material however I’m so pleased to be again right this moment to share some easy but satisfying eats! Be positive to take a look at The Top 10 Recipes of 2022, too.
In different information, Max turns two in a couple of weeks and I can’t imagine how briskly our man is rising and blossoming right into a hilarious, spunky, mischievous human. He’s such a bit of man.
We visited our pals in Columbus once we first received to Ohio and it was so nice popping into Alchemy and all our different favourite eating places. Sinking my tooth into Detroit-style pizza with sizzling honey and basil at our beloved Paulie Gee’s was a reminiscence I will not quickly overlook!
We brunched with buddies on epic breakfast sammies (with home made English muffins!!) on the new Mercury Diner.
For breakfast at residence I’ve been craving a bowl of oats with a pool of salty peanut butter and juicy, candy blueberries. Most of the time I’ve some scrambled eggs on the aspect, too.
I made this sweet potato salad with creamy honey mustard dressing and we looooved it! (Lots of adjustments primarily based on what we had–subbed romaine, no cheese, croutons, herbs, or cucumber.) We each wish to attempt extra meal-salad recipes so we’re planning to make a brand new one every week. It’s good to have leftovers for lunch, too!
We nonetheless make my vegan lasagna on a regular basis. Jeff and I are removed from vegan, however this foolproof recipe is so delicious and nourishing! We wish to get pleasure from it with a salad and garlic bread.
Every weekend Jeff has been making these unimaginable oat flour waffles for us. We completely love them! The crispy texture and buttery taste is classy (we use butter).
Tuna pasta salad for simple fridge lunches!
I whipped up my chocolate peanut butter protein bars to have readily available for fast snacking. Yum!
Almond flour chocolate chip cookies for all times. Always my primary once we’re craving straightforward cookies!
I’m not gonna lie…I do not often have lunches prepped and able to go. Getting dinner on the desk *most* nights feels manageable however lunches are usually leftovers, eggs and avocado toast, smoothies + one thing else to fill me up, or frozen burritos. Amy’s Vietnamese burritos are my favourite!
Smoothie luggage weee! I have never finished this in endlessly however I’ve actually been craving chocolate blueberry smoothies. In every bag, I put a cup of frozen blueberries, a couple of frozen strawberries, a small handful of frozen spinach, a scoop of protein, 1 tbsp every cacao powder and chia seeds, ½ tbsp flax, and ½ tsp spirulina.
When I’m able to mix, I add almond milk to cowl, some avocado, and a medjool date for sweetness.
I forgot to snap a photograph, however I made the peanut butter lover’s chocolate tart on New Year’s Eve from Oh She Glows Everyday cookbook and it was sooo yummy.
One day I had a hankering for grilled cheese so I made one with havarti and cheddar plus this tomato soup.
Stuff I’m Loving Lately
- Jack Ryan: There’s nothing to not like about John Krasinski (so straightforward on the eyes). This present all the time has me on the sting of my seat wanting extra!
- More than My Hometown: Did I throughly get pleasure from nation music? Pop nation might be the proper time period, however I’ve listened to this jam on repeat the previous couple weeks.
- Winter in Paradise: I like all the things Elin Hildebrand and this e book is not any exception. I am keen on her humorousness, character growth, and stability of lightheartedness and practical hardship within the tales.
- I would like this lightweight cardigan shacket situation and love all the colour combos! Half off proper now.
- Glowscreen: I’ve been utilizing this as my day by day SPF for months ever since my greatest good friend’s glowy face satisfied me. Well, I’m formally transformed. It goes on a lot smoother than others I’ve tried and provides such a reasonably layer when, particularly when you do not wish to use make-up. I’ve the bronze one and love the tan it offers me. The tube additionally lasts so lengthy. I’m nonetheless on my first one!
What e book/present/track/random factor are you loving these days?!